Pulmonary Disorders: COPD
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2019 Report. Available at: http://goldcopd.org/. Accessed: February 9, 2020.
- Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, Weinberger SE, et al. Diagnosis and management of stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a clinical practice guideline update from the American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, European Respiratory Society. Annals Intern Med. 2011;155(3):179-91.
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2017 Report. Available at: http://goldcopd.org/. Accessed: February 9, 2020.
- Mirza S, Clay RD, Koslow MA, Scanlon PD. COPD guidelines: a review of the 2018 GOLD Report. Mayo Clin Proc. 2018;93(10):1488-502.
- Lange P, Parner J, Vestbo J, Schnohr P, Jensen G. A 15-year follow-up study of ventilatory function in adults with asthma. N Engl J Med. 1998;339(17):1194-200.
- Silva GE, Sherrill DL, Guerra S, Barbee RA. Asthma as a risk factor for COPD in a longitudinal study. 2004;126(1):59-65.
- Vonk JM, Jongepier H, Panhuysen CI, Schouten JP, Bleecker ER, Postma DS. Risk factors associated with the presence of irreversible airflow limitation and reduced transfer coefficient in patients with asthma after 26 years of follow up. 2003;58(4):322-7.
- Hurst JR, Vestbo J, Anzueto A, et al. Susceptibility to exacerbation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N Engl J Med. 2010;363(12):1128-38.
- Han MK, Quibrera PM, Carretta EE, et al. Frequency of exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: an analysis of the SPIROMICS cohort. Lancet Respir Med. 2017;5(8):619-26.
- Woodruff PG, Barr RG, Bleecker E, et al. Clinical significance of symptoms in smokers with preserved pulmonary function. N Engl J Med. 2016;374(19):1811-21.
- Bestall JC, Paul EA, Garrod R, Garnham R, Jones PW, Wedzicha JA. Usefulness of the Medical Research Council (MRC) dyspnoea scale as a measure of disability in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. 1999;54(7):581-6.
- Bui KL, Nyberg A, Maltais F, Saey D. Functional tests in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, part 2: measurement properties. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017;4(5):785-94.
- Burge S, Wedzicha JA. COPD exacerbations: definitions and classifications. Eur Respir J Suppl. 2003;41:46s-53s.
- Yusen RD. Evolution of the GOLD documents for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Controversies and questions. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;188(1):4-5.
- Mapel DW, Dalal AA, Johnson PT, Becker LK, Hunter AG. Application of the new GOLD COPD staging system to a US primary care cohort, with comparison to physician and patient impressions of severity. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2015;10:1477-86.
- Lanning v. Southeastearn Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA). Docket #01.104. Available at https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-3rd-circuit/1343431.html. Accessed: February 9, 2020.
- Jetté M, Sidney K, Blumchen G. Metabolic equivalents (METS) in exercise testing, exercise prescription, and evaluation of functional capacity. Clinical Cardiol. 1990;13(8):555-65.
- Ainsworth BE, Haskell WL, Herrmann SD, et al. Compendium of Physical Activities: a second update of codes and MET values. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011;43(8):1575-81. Available at: https://sites.google.com/site/compendiumofphysicalactivities/home. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Human Resources Division. Physician’s Guide: Initial-Hire Medical Standards for Municipal Police Officers. 2014. Available at: https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/09/20/massachusetts-medical-standards-2014-physicians-guide.docx?_ga=2.124305997.674892026.1581271916-1954995739.1581271916. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Goldberg RL, Spilberg SW, Weyers SG. Patrol Officer Job Demands: Their Implication for Medical Screening. POST; 2015.
- Adams J, Schneider J, Hubbard M, et al. Measurement of functional capacity requirements of police officers to aid in development of an occupation-specific cardiac rehabilitation training program. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent);2010;23(1):7-10.
- Bailey RE. Home oxygen therapy for treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am Fam Physician. 2004;70(5):864-5.
- Dal Negro RW, Bonadiman L, Bricolo FP, Tognella S, Turco P. Cognitive dysfunction in severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with or without long-term oxygen therapy (LTOT). Multidiscip Respir Med. 2015;10(1):17.
- Thakur N, Blanc PD, Julian LJ, et al. COPD and cognitive impairment: the role of hypoxemia and oxygen therapy. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2010;5:263-9.
- Turino GM, Bernstein L, Dauber JH, et al. Conference on Pulmonary/Respiratory Disorders and Commercial Drivers. March 1991. Available at: https://fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa.dot.gov/files/docs/pulmonary1.pdf. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Cosio BG, Soriano JB, Lopez-Campos JL, et al. Defining the asthma-COPD overlap syndrome in a COPD cohort. 2016;149(1):45-52.